I solved some problems.

On Wed, 2010-02-03 at 18:47 -0600, P. Scott DeVos wrote:
> Has anyone gotten ltsp to work on Fedora 11 running x86_64 for thin
> clients running i386?  I'm having trouble.  Here are the problems I
> have:
>
> 1. Uses NFS instead of NBD.  Not a disaster, but why?

Still using NFS.  Does anyone know if the Fedora packages set up NFS by
default or if I am doing something wrong?

> 2. /etc/initramfs-tools directory not created.  This, of course,
> prevents me from fixing 1. above.
> 3. No /etc/default/ltsp-client-setup script installed.

Does anyone know how Fedora handles the fact that these scripts are not
created?  Are there equivalent tools in Fedora?

> 4. When my EEE PC 700 thin-client boots, the sound and microphone are
> turned up so loud there is terrible feedback which I can only stop by
> plugging in a pair of headphones.

Still no solution to this other than turning off internal speakers in
BIOS (no bios setting for microphone, fortunately).

So what is the correct way to adjust the volume on the client?  I have
tried the gnome volume control, sound properties and the alsamixer and
cannot get the volume control for recording or playback to change.

> 5. I cannot log in.  LDM says "No Response from server, restarting"

I use a nonstandard port for ssh.  I didn't think that was a problem
because the default fedora lts.conf script has LDM_DIRECTX=yes which I
thought meant traffic is unencrypted.  Anyhow, SSH_OVERRIDE_PORT=<my
port> solved this problem.

> 6. I cannot update the client image.  If I attempt to chroot into the
> client image and run yum update I get the following error: "IOError:
> [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/proc/cpuinfo'".

I solved this by copying the /proc/cpuinfo file from one of my i386
clients to /opt/ltsp/i386/proc/cpuinfo.  Does anyone have any reason to
believe that this is a Bad Idea (TM)?

Thanks!

--
P. Scott DeVos