Hi Scott,

On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 01:25:50PM -0600, Scott Balneaves wrote:

> > ist it possible to use a CD/DVD Burner on a thinclient??
> > If yes - tell me more ....
>
> Possibly, if you install burner apps as a localapp, but I don't think anyone's
> tried it.
>
> Without localapps, no.

With the remote burning features of cdrecord/wodim (rscsi), it works here.

I use a command like :

  cdrecord dev="REMOTE:rs...@thinclient:2,0,0" image.iso

to access USB burner attached to the TC.

It works well also whith X-CD-Roast if a GUI is needed.

(Note: I'm curently connecting to the server using XDMCP, but I see no
reason for this to not work also whith ldm.)

Hih,

--

J.-F. Straeten

---