Scott Balneaves schrieb am 12. Mar 2010 um 20:25:50 CET:
> On Thu, Mar 04, 2010 at 11:54:14AM +0100, Frank Schöttler wrote:
> > ist it possible to use a CD/DVD Burner on a thinclient??
> > If yes - tell me more ....
>
> Possibly, if you install burner apps as a localapp, but I don't think anyone's
> tried it.

We use it for years, works good.

We have a script for jobs like this called runlocal (just hiding ssh):
#!/bin/bash

CLIENT=`echo $DISPLAY|cut -d: -f1`

if [ $# -eq 0 ]; then
        echo usage: `basename $1` command ...
        exit
fi

xhost +$CLIENT
ssh -o "StrictHostKeyChecking=no" \
    -o "UserKnownHostsFile /dev/null" \
    -o "BatchMode yes" \
    -q -f \
    $CLIENT "$* >/dev/null 2>$HOME/.runlocal-errors"

If you have installed e.g. k3b (KDE burning program) in your client image, you
just have to invoke 'runlocal k3b' on your server (or also hide it in an
icon).

Viele Grüße
Helmut

Helmut Lichtenberg  <helmut.lichtenb...@fli.bund.de>  Tel.: 05034/871-128
Institut für Nutztiergenetik (FLI)         31535 Neustadt         Germany