I have had LTSP4 servers running successfully on CentOS in two
classroom labs for about three years now, and decided to move to
Ubuntu 9.10 and LTSP5. All is going well with our ancient Dell
GX1's etc., until I tried to boot some newer thin clients (HP t5525,
IGEL 1 /2, DevonIT TC2). All of these machines boot successfully
to the Ubuntu login screen, but when users attempt to login after a
minute or so they simply cycle back to the login screen.

This is baffling, because most of them behaved well with LTSP4. I
can't find reports of similar experiences, which suggests that I've
missed out an important step before starting the ltsp-build-client,
and I would welcome any suggestions.

With thanks in advance,

John Ingleby
ICT Teacher