Re,

On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 03:57:54PM -0300, Luiz Eduardo Guaraldo wrote:

> Yes, I'm using squeeze stock, last actualization: yesterday.

Ok, so you have the same versions as mine.

> Yes, under /tmp I I can read/write when plugged by the first time, after
> that, not anymore... The directory becomes strange:
>
> d?????????    ?       ?       ?       ?       ?       usbdrive-sdXX

After "that" ? Means unpluging ?

> Well, on LTSP systems it never happened... The normal oprocess is to
> place a link to the mountpoin on the Desktop... It was supposed to
> create /media/<USER> ???

Are you sure ?

AFAIK, for each localdevice plugged by a particular user, you get
first a mountpoint dynamicaly created in /media/<USER>/<DEVICE>.

Icons on the user's desktop are created from there by a special
script. (But if you are under Gnome, you may not be aware of this
because it's automagical.)

Can someone else confirm this is not wrong ?

> > And what's going on with USB CD/DVD drives ? Can you plug some to see
> > if the behaviour is the same ?
>
> The terminals doesn't have CD/DVD drives, not even floppy... Only USB
> ports...

Did you have any *USB* CD/DVD drive to try and confirm ?

A+

--

JFS.