Krzychu,
I still have this problem. But after updates I'm only experiencing it on
dell optiplex gx260's with an addon ATI 32mb video card. it's not happening
to my other computers anymore. My HPs are fine, and my gx270's are fine.
I'm running edubuntu 10.04 updated to ltsp 5.0.2

Btw, I also find I can get the username input field to appear if I type in a
fake username <enter> fake password <enter> and the screen will refresh
(probably restart) and then the username input field will appear just fine.

I've been reading I need to investigate my mice, keyboards, etc to see if
they're causing this.

Here is some troubleshooting advice that looked helpful but I couldn't get
to work:
http://www.mail-archive.com/ltsp-discuss@lists.sourceforge.net/msg11994.html

-peter