On Tuesday 04 Jan 2011, Leon Hauck wrote:
> I was thinking about trying out Chrome instead of FireFox for my LTSP
> setup.
>
> Is there any documentation out there to on how to lock down and optimize
> chrome for an LTSP installation like there is for FireFox?
>
> I'm looking for such things as forcing settings for using Squid,
> disabling local cache, locking out the bookmark editing, connection
> settings, etc.

The lack of Chrome lock down controls pretty much makes Chrome unusable in
LTSP environments.  This issue is not being taken very seriously by Google at
present, and I cannot blame them, as currently only 6 people (including
myself) have voted for this issue.

Please consider lending your weight by visiting this page, whilst logged into
your Google account, and starring the issue.

Please note that there is no need to add any comments, unless you have
something new to add - "me too" type comments really wind up the devs, can't
imagine why ;)

--
Chris Roberts

+------------------+--------------------------+
|     Distribution | Debian Lenny             |
|     LTSP Version | 5.2.2-1~bpo50+1          |
|      LDM Version | 2:2.1.2-1~bpo50+1        |
|  Windows Manager | KDE 3.5.10               |
|           Kernel | 2.6.32-bpo.5-686-bigmem  |
|     Distribution | Debian Lenny             |
|     LTSP Version | 5.2.2-1~bpo50+1          |
|      LDM Version | 2:2.1.2-1~bpo50+1        |
|  Windows Manager | KDE 3.5.10               |
|           Kernel | 2.6.26-2-686             |