Xavier,

rdesktop is simply a command-line rdp client for Linux. The "rdesktop
screen script" in LTSP just makes it easy to run rdesktop in
fullscreen mode instead of LDM. Since rdesktop is already in the
chroot and localapps is already enabled by default, you can run
"ltsp-localapps rdesktop...." automatically without any change to your
set up.

When you run "ltsp-localapps rdesktop ....", rdesktop will launch *on
the client* (where the serial and parallel ports are), so rdesktop's
built-in redirection capability will do all the work for you. rdesktop
also has a seamlessrdp mode, which does not work, well, seamlessly on
Ubuntu due to some patches that they apply, but will launch a single
application. Run "man rdesktop" to see all of your options.

When running rdesktop as a local app, the client does need a route to
the Windows server (but not necessarily the other way around). If your
Windows server is on a different subnet, the easiest thing to do is to
set up ip forwarding and NAT on the LTSP server.  Still much easier
than coding up your own redirection of character devices to tcp/ip. :)

-Gadi