Jonathan Carter (highvoltage) wrote:
> Hi Frank
>
> On 05/07/11 03:36 PM, Frank Lienhard wrote:
>
>> My client boots (with a kernel image from rom-o-matic), I get a login
>> screen.
>> But no user is able to log in.
>> I changed to text console (F1) on the thinclient and get an error
>> message "login incorrect", which is wrong.
>> (created a dummy user with passwd dummy, so hardly a typo).
>>

> Well, that's a good start.
>

>> any group settings I miss?
>>

> Try running this on the server as root:
> ltsp-update-sshkeys

OK I did some things, from which only some might be necessary, but I
report all I done:
- cleaning the known host in both server and chroot env
- setting X11 forwarding to "on" in sshd_config of the server

What I missed (or couldn't notice so far) is these message in the LDM
login window:
"this workstation isn't authorized to connect to server"
googling around a bit gets me to an advice from ubuntu, to try this:

ltsp-update-sshkeys
followed by
ltsp-update-image

and TADA tha does the trick!
Hopefully I didn't cause to much pain to you all and thanks!

BTW: is it common to set the solution mail to the end of all subtrees I caused
in these list?