FYI the SERVER argument in /etc/defaults/epoptes-client should work by
default, as LTSP automatically adds a line to the client's /etc/hosts file
with the line "server <ip of the ltsp server>", which is a nice touch!

On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 5:22 PM, Hans-Peter Lackner <
hans-peter.lack...@netstruct.at> wrote:

> With help from from Alkis I just solved my problem:
>
> First step:
>
> In addition to the guide (http://www.epoptes.org/installation) you have
> to install the epoptes-client not just in the chroot but also in the
> ltsp-app servers.
> And you have to pull the certificate from the server.
>
> Second step:
>
> In the File /etc/defaults/epoptes-client you have to uncomment the
> #SERVER=server phrase and change it to
>
> SERVER=<IP-Address of the epoptes-server>
>
> then just reboot the two app-server and the thin-clients and after login
> everything works as intended...
>
> Screenshot: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3455498/vmware%20-%20epoptes.png
>
> thanks again...
> Hans-Peter
>
> Am 21.11.2011 22:42, schrieb Hans-Peter Lackner:
> > Hi!
> >
> > So, do get a clean start I installed a new LTSP-environment in my VMware.
> >
> > I used this guide:
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuLTSP/LTSP-Cluster
> > only difference: I installed two application-servers
> >
> > Diagram: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3455498/netdiag.png (Sorry, I don't
> > have Visio on my PC at home *G*)
> >
> > I then verified that my ltsp-setup is working and the loadbalancing and
> > so on...
> >
> > I used this guide: http://www.epoptes.org/installation to install
> epoptes.
> >
> > ltsp-root: epoptes-server (in the hosts-file of all pc is the server)
> > chroot on ltsp-root: epoptes-client
> >
> > then I restarted everything and nothing was working as before.
> >
> > then I installed on ltsp-app1 and ltsp-app2 the epoptes-client and
> > imported the certificate from ltsp-root.
> >
> > After rebooting everything and logging in I got the following picture:
> >
> > http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3455498/epoptes.png
> >
> > The strange thing is: I can monitor and assist the sessions from
> > ltsp-app1&  ltsp-app2 but not from ltsp22&  ltsp23, BUT I can broadcast
> > the "teacher-session" only to ltsp22&  ltsp23 but not to ltsp-app1&
> > ltsp-app2.
> >
> > I have no firewall at all, apparmor is disabled.
> >
> > So. Where do I need to start searching for an answer?
> >
> > kind regards
> > hp
> >

> > Am 21.11.2011 19:06, schrieb Alkis Georgopoulos:
> >> Στις 21-11-2011, ημέρα Δευ, και ώρα 17:10 +0100, ο/η Hans-Peter Lackner
> >> έγραψε:

> >> You shouldn't need to do anything that's not in the installation page.
> >> x11vnc needs to be installed in the server for "student" screen
> >> monitoring, not in the chroot, but it should get automatically installed
> >> as it's in the Recommends: section.
> >>
> >> If you have a firewall, is 5500 open?
> >>
> >> To see the client-side error messages, either check the user's
> >> ~/.xsession-errors, or just open a gnome-terminal from the user session
> >> on the thin client, and run: /usr/sbin/epoptes-client
> >>
> >> If you need live assistance/troubleshooting, you can also find us in the
> [...]

Jay Goldberg | AvianBLUE Network Systems | (514) 667-9737 |
http://www.avianblue.net/