We are having a major issue with thin client authentication. It
started just after lunch time today. Authentication works fine from
console and on terminal, but ssh takes a very long time to connect.
One server (out of 5) can still connect though the login process takes
quite a while to complete.  However, it is shorter than the other
servers, so we suspect it is a timeout issue with LDM.

>From a shell at the thin client I can ssh to any system and
authenticate.  However, trying to ssh from a shell at the client to
the ltsp server that the client is connected to takes a very long
time.  The response at the GUI login screen is "no response from
server, restarting". We have already updated the sshkeys and
completely rebuilt the image but this hasn't resolved the issue. How
does LDM use ssh for authentication? Is there a reason ssh would have
to be routed?  And .. why would ssh to any system except the system
that the client booted from take so long?  We have enabled
IP_Forwarding at the clients for localapps and that also works if that
information is of any use.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Sincerely,
Dave Hopkins