On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 07:05:05PM -0500, David Hopkins wrote:
> All,
>
> I am beginning to suspect this issue is because ssh isn't resolving
> names correctly?  Timing
>
> ssh myserver
>
> from a shell (ALT-CTL-F2) takes about 30 seconds to resolve myserver.
> However, ssh any_other_server returns immediately.  So, why wouldn't
> myserver resolve quickly?  This is true from any of the servers ..
> they do not resolve their names quickly.  On all of them, the local
> (thin client) /etc/hosts has the form
>
> 127.0.0.1 localhost
> 127.0.0.2 ltsp50
> 192.168.0.254 server
>
> where the thin client is lstp50 ... but ... server is not defined in
> DNS, only in the thin clients /etc/hosts.  Logging in at the console
> for any account also works.

I've never configured an /etc/hosts file on the thin clients.  Is your
hosts file on the server configured properly?

On my Debian system, /etc/hosts in the chroot looks like this:

#This is a ltsp chroot and this file will be rewritten in boot process
#of terminal.
127.0.0.1 localhost

Not sure if any of this helps you...

-Rob