Στις 14-01-2012, ημέρα Σαβ, και ώρα 15:03 +0100, ο/η stefania zanette
έγραψε:
> In my opinion the problem is not video card or driver configuration
> because PIVs login without any problem to the first user called
> mario01 and to the administrator called mariofiore but they don't
> login with other users. On the contrary PIII login with all users.

That's a frequent problem caused by compiz (package: compiz-core), which
is installed and used by default in Ubuntu.
The reason it only appears on specific users is indeed the appearance
tab settings, if one logs into another PC and sets it to "None", he
disables compiz for his account.

To disable compiz for all users, run this command on your server, it
takes effect immediately, so you can go ahead and try logging in with
any user after issuing it:

sudo gconftool-2 --direct --config-source
xml:readwrite:/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.mandatory --type string --set
/desktop/gnome/session/required_components/windowmanager metacity

If that command doesn't solve your problem, here's is how to undo it and
re-enable compiz:

sudo gconftool-2 --direct --config-source
xml:readwrite:/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.mandatory --recursive-unset
/desktop/gnome/session/required_components