Thank you, Rolf. I have tried a few settings with iptables, but I must be
doing something wrong because it has the effect of blocking the desktop
environment from being set up on the client after login. I'm sure it's because
I really don't understand iptables properly. Perhaps its a matter of which
network interface is being controlled. My client-side interface is eth1
(192.168.0.1), while the router side is eth0 (192.168.1.1).

On Thursday, July 04, 2013 01:10:59 PM Sprachschule Eilert wrote:
> David,
>
> I'm doing this with iptables for quite some years now, but it includes
> an application for the teacher to set/release the lock for a class as
> well as some scripts to call iptables etc. And the application has to know
>
> - which user is in the class
> - which terminal the user is logged in
>
> Currently I'm in holidays, but I've got one backup HD from the server
> with me, so if you're interested, I'll plug it in and search for the
> files...
>
> Rolf
>
> Am 04.07.2013 01:46, schrieb David Burleigh:
> > I am in the process of setting up a computer lab with Ubuntu 12.04, LTSP,
> > and a number of thin clients. All is well, except that I cannot figure
> > out how to deny internet access to particular users while allowing
> > internet access to others. Is there a straightforward way to do this on a
> > per user basis?

David Burleigh