You should be able to install the ltsp packages easily. I put the ltsp-root, ltsp-loadbalancer and ltsp-cluster-control on one VM and run a number of application server VMs. Just make sure your application servers have the same configuration/packages once you start load balancing between them. You can pretty much follow the instructions for which packages to install on which server and just follow the instructions. Since you haven't already installed ltsp cluster packages, you are pretty much working from scratch, even with your existing server.

Do you mean clustering beyond the load balancing LTSP would provide? Clustering may require a lot of other work, including fencing and share disks to support fail-over scenarios and certainly doesn't make sense in an LTSP cluster.

Beyond load balancing