By default,  all of the X traffic is tunneled through the ssh connection.

ssh will connect to the X server on a standard 600x range port, but it
should be doing it on the loopback interface (127.0.0.1).

But,  the Xserver is probably still listening on the public interface
(usually something like 192.168.0.x).

The X traffic should still be secure,  that is, nobody can sniff the wire
and see anything useful.
But,  I suppose it's still a vulnerability that the Xserver is listening
and probably accepting connections on the public interface.

It should be possible to tell the X server that is running on the thin
client to ONLY listen on the loopback interface, but I've been out of the
game too long to remember how to do that, and whether it would break
anything else.

Jim McQuillan
j...@ltsp.org