On 2015-03-11, mario salcedo wrote:
> LDM_FORCE_SESSION and LDM_FORCE_LANGUAGE work cool.
>
> But I want that my users dont reboot and shutdown thinclients.
>
> I did
> chmod 750 /sbin/shutdown
> chmod 750 /opt/ltsp/i386/sbin/shutdown
> But nothing. The users can shutdown or reboot the thinclient.
> Anybody know which is the command for shutdown and reboot that show in
> preferences in login screen.
> Thanks

The LDM reboot menu item calls /sbin/reboot, and the shutdown menu calls
/sbin/poweroff. But LDM runs as root on the client, so you would need to
remove the execute bit on user, group and everybody. Or write a wrapper
script and replace them, but you'll need to do it properly so your
changes are preserved on upgrades.

What is the use-case that's so important to not let users reboot or shut
down a client? It wouldn't be too hard to write a patch that allows
disabling the shutdown/reboot options, but the feature is not there now.

live well,
  vagrant