With a Lubuntu 14.04 i386 and ltsp-pnp setup, and the default
network-manager used to configure networking, thin client system trays
report "Networking disabled" and "NetworkManager is not running."

In truth, network and Internet connectivity are OK, but I have been
trying to figure out how to make that disconcerting notification go away.

The system tray provided by lxpanel is not configurable (except that I
could remove it altogether, which I don't want to do).  I can't set it
to not report this status.

Nm-applet is the app that provides the networking systray icon, but that
is not a service that lts.conf RM_SYSTEM_SERVICES will remove.

I'm imagining that the disabled/not-running status is reported due to
the way that network services are distributed across the LTSP local
environment and the user session on the server.

But it seems like this is probably a behavior seen on other distros
besides Lubuntu.  True?  If so, how are people dealing with it?