On 2015-05-01, gordon wrote:
> I am using the ltsp-pnp approach with Ubuntu 14.04.  I am using freerdp
> 1.2.  How can I make usb thumbdrive redirection to work with both fat and
> thin clients?
>
> My command line currently looks like the following:
>
> xfreerdp /f /multimon +compression /sound:latency:10
>> /drive:media,/media/root /rfx -sec-nla /network:lan +fonts +aero
>> +window-drag +menu-anims /cert-ignore /v:rdpsrv.example.com
>
> The problem is drive redirection only works for thin clients.  It would be
> ideal to only have 1 command that works for both thin and fat clients.  Is
> there any way to make this work?

It's a little confusing what you mean by fat and thin clients
here...

You're specifying /media/root, which would only be accessible on the
client hardware, and only to the root user. This works with the LTSP
xfreerdp screen script because it runs as root.

If you were to run xfreerdp from a thin client
terminal(e.g. gnome-terminal), /media/root would be unaccessible (it's
not mounted on the server).

If you were to run xfreerdp from a fat client
terminal(e.g. gnome-terminal), /media/root would be unaccessible (it's
only readable by root, not the user running it).

If you're running xfreerdp from a thin or fat client terminal
(e.g. gnome-terminal), /media/USERNAME might work for the drive
location...

You'll need to describe what you're doing a little more clearly.

live well,
  vagrant