Hi!

-----richard kweskin <rkwesk_l...@hellug.gr> skrev: -----
Till: <ltsp-discuss@lists.sourceforge.net>
Från: richard kweskin <rkwesk_l...@hellug.gr>
Datum: 2015-06-01 12:15
Ärende: [Ltsp-discuss] winxp in virtual vdi inside Ubuntu ltsp server

I will be assisting in setting up ltsp using 32bit Ubuntu 12.04 in a
school for kids aged 9 to 13 yrs old. The school has asked that windows
be also available as they have win software they use.

My thought was to include on the ltsp server a vdi with windows xp
using virtualbox. The 16 clients will all be fat with 1 GB ram each.
What advice can anyone offer so that the vdi is small enough but useable
on the clients?

As not all clients have the same hardware configuration should a live
cd image e.g. Hirens be used to accommodate the various clients or is
this not an issue?

Richard

First of all, different client hw is normally not a problem for fat clients, but of coarse you need to test. Especially if the graphic driver isn't in the kernel.

The best window$ solution depends on the software they want to run. If it is possible to use a windows terminal server, that is for me the best solution.

And why use VB if you can use KVM?

Rgrds Johan