Forget running XP in a VM on 1GB RAM.  Use libvirt and run it on the server and
you should be fine.
Sent from my BlackBerry®

-----Original Message-----
From: richard kweskin <rkwesk_l...@hellug.gr>
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2015 12:53:42
To: <ltsp-discuss@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: [Ltsp-discuss] winxp in virtual vdi inside Ubuntu ltsp server

I will be assisting in setting up ltsp using 32bit Ubuntu 12.04 in a
school for kids aged 9 to 13 yrs old. The school has asked that windows
be also available as they have win software they use.

My thought was to include on the ltsp server a vdi with windows xp
using virtualbox. The 16 clients will all be fat with 1 GB ram each.
What advice can anyone offer so that the vdi is small enough but useable
on the clients?

As not all clients have the same hardware configuration should a live
cd image e.g. Hirens be used to accommodate the various clients or is
this not an issue?

Richard