Hi!

I would like to use ltsp fat clients(which I presently do, and have done for
quite a few yrs), but free them from the "influence" of the LTSP server.

I have mailed about this subject before, but I believe I haven't made myself
understood...perhaps I haven't been clear myself about what I want as well...

Now, though, I believe I know what I want, at least as a first step.

I want fat clients that boots the normal PXE/TFTP/initrd way.

BUT: I do not want the /home directory to be mounted to the LTSP server, but to
another (nfs) server. And I do not want users from the LTSP server, but from
LDAP. I only want an admin user in the chroot/image as a root user, all other
users should be picked up from ldap.

I believe, to achieve this, I need to alter some(many?) scripts, and the
questions are which? I would think LDM scripts, for picking users...? Mount
scripts for /home...? Of coarse I need to install some PAM modules in the
chroot, and change nsswitch.conf.

Any opinions and thought about this is wellcome...

Is this something someone seen before? I believe I seen something similar from
Ivan mincik?

(As a second step in this project, I'd like the whole image to be installed in
a ram drive on the client, but that is something I can discuss in later stages)

Best regards from/Med vänliga hälsningar från

Johan Kragsterman

Capvert