Hi, Rolf!

-----Rolf-Werner Eilert <rwe-...@osnanet.de> skrev: -----
Till: ltsp-discuss@lists.sourceforge.net
Från: Rolf-Werner Eilert <rwe-...@osnanet.de>
Datum: 2017-02-22 08:32
Ärende: Re: [Ltsp-discuss] Ang: Re: Ang: Re: Client stops at setting up NIC

Hi Johan,

when I invoke it like that

> Just run this, and you get a list of the options: ltsp-build-client
> --extra-help

it starts with building a new chroot immediately. Maybe it's too old?

Even with the option: --extra-help? ...strange...

Actually, I don't know much about that kiwi implementation of ltsp. Tried it
some time several yrs ago, but abandoned it due to complications. But I guess
you can run it in the live DVD, or if you install it on a external usb drive?

Also, you can consider Alkis suggestion to use ltsp-pnp. With that you got some
good simplicity enhancements, but a trade off is less flexibility. You can not
use different images for different needs and architectures, all clients need to
use the same. In my setups I have preferred to use normal ltsp, but for sure,
with a less complicated environment ltsp-pnp would be useful. Though for me, I
prefer the flexibility of having the choice of different chroots.

> I attach one of my old dhcpd.conf files for you to have a look at.

Thank you very much, I will have a look at that next :)

Regards
Rolf