I got into the same problem after installation of Debian Stretch, that
is currently in RC stage.

I applied settings from well-running Debian Jessie system. Everything
works, except NBD. I got the same symptoms, and in /var/log/syslog I read:

Negotiation failed/8a: Requested export not found, or is TLS-only and
client did not negotiate TLS

Does somebody have an idea, what's going on?

Am I doing something wrong? Or is it some grave bug in Stretch that
should be reported?