Russell,

Thanks for that info. At least now I know it wasn't anything with the steps I
was following. Unfortunately, Hardkernel hasn't released an Ubuntu 16.10 build
for the Odroid-C2. So I guess I'm stuck waiting for them. In the meantime, I
will try to get an arm64 build from the official Ubuntu repos and see if that
works.

Cheers -Billy