Στις 22/06/2017 12:41 πμ, ο Andrew Scott via Ltsp-discuss έγραψε:
Hi Richard,

Thanks, but I've already used the second part of that document i.e. LTSP-PNP. It installs a good system and if both references for Ubuntu and Debian are used is a complete guide. Trouble is:

1. I am left with a very serious issue with IO Perf that affects many day to day and admin tasks

2. A 32 bit install doesn't use the full capabilities of 64 bit on my workstation / server, which is in use most of the time.

Per my OP, I am looking for an up to date guide for Proxy DHCP LTSP on Ubuntu 16.04 [Debian would do just as well].

Hi Andrew,

I wrote the ProxyDHCP wiki page (and pushed the ProxyDHCP implementation in dnsmasq and in LTSP), but then there was no need to update it anymore primarily because we included support for that in upstream LTSP.

So now the ltsp-pnp wiki page is the "newer version of the ProxyDHCP page". It includes the steps on how to configure LTSP with dnsmasq instead of isc-dhcp-server, how to run `ltsp-config dnsmasq` etc.

So what you want to do is:
1) Reinstall using 64bit
2) Copy your existing i386 image, or use ltsp-build-client --arch i386 to create one 3) Google for pxelinux ifcpu64 which is the appropriate method for the clients to automatically select between 32bit and 64bit images.
We have some support for that in LTSP, but documentation is lacking.

Sorry, time to go through a detailed how-to on ifcpu64 usage, I only had enough time to point you to the correct direction.

Cheers,
Alkis