On Monday, August 26, 2013 12:15:33 PM Hisham wrote:
> This is technically incompatible, but sounds like a low-impact change.
> Which brings us to the next question: how to determine the default
> value of WINVER that should be autoset? This sounds like a task for
> the Windows installer script. :) (after detecting the Windows version,
> I suppose it could set LUAROCKS_WINVER in site_config.lua and then we
> add `defaults.variables.WINVER = LUAROCKS_WINVER or "0x500"` to the
> appropriate place in luarocks.cfg)

The Windows SDK already gives you a default value if you don't define it
before including <windows.h>. So the correct default for a build system is
nothing at all.

I don't like the idea. Why can't the people who want an unusual WINVER just
put it the -DWINVER=0x501 cflag in their site config? A rock that expect a
minumum version will define the macro in its source.

There are too many compiler and API specific flags like this for LR to start
getting involved with. i.e. UNICODE, LARGE_FILE_SOURCE, etc.

--
tom <tellia...@whoopdedo.org>