On Tue, 27 May 2014 14:28:06 -0300
Hisham <h...@hisham.hm> wrote:

> On 27 May 2014 14:13, leaf corcoran <lea...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Right now you'll have to tell me and I'll transfer ownership for you. I'm
> > thinking of setting up a self service system that uses email
validation and
> > the email addresses provided in rockspec though.
>
> Unfortunately not that many rockspec have email information. Github
> use is so widespread that connecting accounts to its API would give
> most of the ownership information, but I suppose that would be a lot
> more work to pull off.
>
> Rough estimates:
>
> ls *.rockspec | sed 's/-[^-]*-[^-]*.rockspec.*//g' | sort -u | wc -l
> 377
>
> grep @ *.rockspec | sed 's/-[^-]*-[^-]*.rockspec.*//g' | sort -u | wc -l
> 78
>
> grep github *.rockspec | sed 's/-[^-]*-[^-]*.rockspec.*//g' | sort -u |
wc -l
> 236

Another issue will be users like me who have rocks
in both places but not necessarily the same versions.

For instance fakeredis in MoonRocks is currently the
SCM version whereas the stable version is in LuaRocks.

The result is a duplicate in MoonRocks:

http://rocks.moonscript.org/modules/catwell/fakeredis
http://rocks.moonscript.org/modules/luarocks/fakeredis

I think that it would be best, for all those modules,
to remove the imported version. But maybe you should
warn the authors as well that they should make sure
there is no regression when we switch to MoonRocks.

--
Pierre Chapuis