Hi Hisham,

On Mon, Jun 9, 2014 at 12:50 PM, Hisham <h...@hisham.hm> wrote:

> > [snip]
> >
> > This fixes it. Can this be fixed in the repository? I am using luarocks
> > dploy to many computers so I don't want to update the makefile each time.
> > plus this is just broken for all users.
>
> As far as I can tell, LuaZip is an orphaned project. The latest
> release from Kepler is from 2007. The code seems stable, so taking
> over maintenence seems a low-overhead activity, but I don't wish to
> maintain it myself.
>
> There's a git-conversion of the CVS from LuaForge at:
>
> https://github.com/luaforge/luazip
>
> Ryan, if you wish to fork this, commit the changes and tag a new
> release, I can help you out with the rockspec.

Thanks for the help.
I have forked it

https://github.com/rjpcomputing/luazip

I committed the changes and updated the version number where I found it
(docs, _VERSION, etc)

I tagged the release as 'v1_2_4' keeping with the other releases.
--
Regards,
Ryan

P.S. I am not really signing up to maintain this module am I? I really
don't use the functionality much so I am not familiar with the code, but I
have no issue with this simple change.
P.P.S. I do have another library I would like to get a rockspec made for,
so I would like to see how you make this new rockspec so I can copy it.
(Use the best practices cause I am going to do it like you. ;) But it is a
Lua only library, so mo make file or "building" required.)