Hi Thijs,

That worked! Thanks. Apparently mingw was able to compile/link the
luafilesystem (even though my visual studio was unable).

The only tricky part was for some reason luarocks wasn't able to fetch some
of the packages hosted on github. (Might be a proxy issue, even though I
have http_proxy properly set? I tried the config.lua proxy setting, too.)

At any rate, I would just open the rockspec, download the source url
manually (e.g. '
https://github.com/Olivine-Labs/busted/archive/v2.0.rc0.tar.gz') and then
update the rockspec to point to it locally...
C:/path/to/downloaded/v2.0.rc0.tar.gz.

That workaround let me install without issue. (I only had to do it for two
of the packages: busted and mediator_lua).

Anyway, thanks again for your help.

-David

On Wed, Jul 2, 2014 at 3:25 PM, Thijs Schreijer <th...@thijsschreijer.nl>