On 7 July 2014 12:18, David Ryan <dpr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Hisham,
>
> Maybe the rockspec is mirrored, but it still points to the source.tar.gz on
> Github. For example:
>
> http://luarocks.org/repositories/rocks/busted-2.0.rc0-0.rockspec
>
> package = 'busted'
> version = '2.0.rc0-0'
> source = {
>   url = 'https://github.com/Olivine-Labs/busted/archive/v2.0.rc0.tar.gz',
>   dir = 'busted-2.0.rc0'
> }
>
> Like I mentioned before, I think this is an issue unique to me (and my
> company's proxy/SSL interception).
> I was able to go to the source url from a browser and download it, but when
> I tried to install it directly from luarocks I got this:
>
>>luarocks install busted
> Installing
> http://luarocks.org/repositories/rocks/busted-2.0.rc0-0.rockspec...
> Using http://luarocks.org/repositories/rocks/busted-2.0.rc0-0.rockspec...
> switching to 'build' mode
> [5 or 10 minutes elapse before it times out.]
> Error: Error fetching file: Failed downloading
> https://github.com/Olivine-Labs/busted/archive/v2.0.rc0.tar.gz
>
> Same thing when installing from rocks.moonscript.org (since it's still
> trying to fetch the same v2.0.rc0.tar.gz from github).
> Turning verbosity on didn't reveal anything, but I'm not too concerned since
> I have a workaround.

This happens because the author of Busted uploaded only a .rockspec to
MoonRocks and didn't upload a .src.rock file along with it. When I
managed the repository by hand, I always generated a .src.rock for
each .rockspec.

The .src.rock is a zip which contains a copy of the sources, so even
if the rockspec refers to the original github URL, that URL was used
only to generate the .src.rock file.

-- Hisham