>>> http://luarocks.org/repositories/rocks/lualogging-1.3.0-1.src.rock...
>>> Using
>> http://luarocks.org/repositories/rocks/lualogging-1.3.0-1.src.rock...
>>> switching to 'build' mode
>>>
>>> Error: Failed unpacking rock file:
>>>
>> /tmp/luarocks_luarocks-rock-lualogging-1.3.0-1-3223/lualogging-1.3.0-1.src.rock
>>> ```
>>> Can anyone verify this? I think the rock is corrupt. I have tested it on
>>> few different machines and get the same results. I have also tried moon
>>> rocks as well and they both fail.
>>
>> Which version of LuaRocks, and do you have LuaZip installed? The source
>> rock does not contain the subdirectories as separate entries, and the
>> code using LuaZip chokes in that case, but I think we fixed that problem
>> a while ago ...
>>
>> LuaLogging installs fine for me (almost latest LuaRocks, no LuaZip
>> installed).
>>

> I am using LuaRocks v2.1.2 right out of the LuaRocks repo. I tried with
> LuaZip installed using the Debian package manager and through LuaRocks.
> They both fail.

The commit that fixed the problem is from February 27th, LuaRocks 2.1.2
was released in January. And the problem should only occur *if* LuaZip
is installed. The `unzip` commandline tool should handle those rocks
just fine.

Btw., you were the one who reported the problem in January. Look for the
thread "luajson package possibly broken" ...

> --
> Regards,
> Ryan

Philipp