When I travel (especially to overseas), I often wish that I could connect to Oceanic Cable. OTOH, when here, it is close to impossibility to try to watch TV shows broadcast in China or Taiwan. The Slingbox seems to answer these needs.

Interesting product. Unfortunately my wee little uplink from verizon just wouldn't cut it. If I lived in a forward looking country like South Korea where broadband really meant broadband perhaps this would work a bit better. Or perhaps I wouldn't even need it. I've often wondered why PBS dumps a ton of money into HDTV instead of streaming their content online. (Well not really; "congress" would be the answer to that). There are so many great PBS shows that just don't make it here.

Tim Newsham
http://www.lava.net/~newsham/