Brian Chee wrote:
ntp1.hawaii.edu canonical name = ntproundtop.hawaii.edu.
Name: ntproundtop.hawaii.edu
Address: 128.171.235.62

On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 2:40 PM, Jeff Mings <je...@lava.net> wrote:

Hi All!

    After the new NTP DOS vulnerability, a lot of NTP servers are changing
their operation.

    I have used the navy's atomic clock at tick.mhpcc.hpc.mil for quite
some time, but it appears that they may be reducing access to it now.

    Many of my clients use RoadRunner locally, which doesn't seem to have
a publicly-listed NTP server in this area.  I could use the pool from
CentOS, or even the one from Apple, but I want to make sure I use a server
or pool of them that won't be overwhelmed/useless like the Microsoft NTP
servers.  So far, using 0.us.pool.ntp.org  looks like a solid choice for
long-term reliability, but nist1-la.ustiming.org yields better ping
times, and the NIST has a nice status page at http://tf.nist.gov/tf-cgi/
servers.cgi   for checking service.

Any better suggestions?

Thanks,

-Jeff

freesoftwarehawaii.org

Aloha,

The FreeBSD group has been sending out info on what to do and telling everyone to use military, or private instutions that are know to you.
I had one old server hit. The only one I used the 1. 2. 3. pool ntp on.

I manually use ntp.nasa.gov ( California) and sundial.columbia.edu (NYC) and ntp.hawaii.edu (HNL)

Brian, could I use lntpl.hawaii.edu ?

Thanks:

  + http://hawaiidakine.com + http://freebsdinfo.org +
  + http://aloha50.net   - Supporting - FreeBSD  7.2 - 8.0 - 9* +