Julien and everyone,

Congratulation and WELL DONE :D
Yet another successful release and we should really be proud of that. Above
all, without our loyal users, we won't achieve or reach this point. What a
fantastic and amazing family :D

I'm not a developer so don't set your sensors high :D easy on me.

First thing first, this is GREAT NEWS, WOW :D
MHO, regardless of any details, if dropping 13.10 will buy us more time and
definitely it will, so that we focus on THE RELEASE of Lubuntu (14.04)
which we are planning to make it an LTS release, yet our best release, then
+1 from me for dropping 13.10 and again, regardless of any other details -
just stating my personal opinion :)

And could we have more details about:
*Well, you probably know that Canonical is pushing for a Qt switch over
GTK, but also by changing it's display manager (MIR). You may know
also that LXDE is thinking about switching to Qt too, by joining
forces with Razor-qt desktop environment. All those changes may be an
opportunity to start another adventure, using Razor-qt as a base. It's
also a reason to release 14.04 as a LTS, because it could be the final
release with LXDE and GTK.  We will also be free to make very big
changes for 14.10, because we know we have a LTS behind to recommend,
for a long time.

To prepare this, I'll also work on a specific session (call QLubuntu,
pronounce it “Cute Lubuntu” ;-)), to test during 13.10 and 14.04, if
the option to go with Qt is possible.*

It seems very early to go in deep details but since you mentioned that, I
guess we should discuss that on different separate email - *"What is after
14.04"* because, looks like we are about to make a huge different jump or
as you stated, a new adventure.

I remained silent for the last 21hours :D
Wanted to take some rest (had lots of stuff going on in my real life) but I
guess I can't wait. For now, I'm just stating my opinion about 14.04 and
how glad I'm for learning that finally, we are going LTS :D

I'd also like to share my upcoming huge projects and important plans.
Long story short:

1- My Huge Plan:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/CommunicationsTeam/WOWLubuntu#The_Huge_Project_-_Start_Lubuntu

2- LOST [1] version 2.0 :D
Don't freak out guys, I'm not talking about new thread here, just wait and
see ;)
LOST is on the Wiki Area now and it will remain but I'm actually talking
about the next version/generation of LOST!

*I must save some time to write more details and once I'm done, I will send
an email with new subject.*

These are my major two plans for now. I was holding that until 13.04 is
being released. Someone advised me to wait and I had to listen to his
request ;) now, I won't listen :P I want to have fun and do something
serious.

WOW Lubuntu will be a huge team work project. Again, details on that link
and more coming soon.

LOST version 2 is Doc and Wiki Team project. I will however do the
sample/draft of what I'm planning to do and then discuss that with the Wiki
Team.

@Julien
Whatever direction you are planning to go, you do have my FULL support ;)

Thank you everyone for this great achievement and great news - we will have
so much fun :D can't wait ;)

Ali

[1] - http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1844755

*Best Regards,