On 2013-10-19 16:51, German G wrote:
> Hello list. Something terrible happened to my system after some upgrade
> and now, my system hangs at boot ( Lubuntu logo displayed)
> What would you do in such case? I need my system asap. Thanks for any
> suggestions.

Hello German G,

Please describe your system with more details, and it will be possible
to give better advice :-)

Computer: brand name, model, cpu, ram (size), graphics chip/card, wifi
chip/card.

Operating system: Version before and after upgrade. Any special PPA or
deb file installed. Current drivers for graphics and wifi.

Check with

sudo lshw

and/or

hardinfo

You might need a boot option, start with nomodeset, see

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BootOptions

or in the worst case, support for some of your hardware was dropped in
the upgraded version, but this is rather unlikely. We will probably fix
your problem ...

Best regards
Nio