The reason to use SVG format is to keep Box as open as possible, so
everybody can modify or expand. LXDE, thanks to its Cairo libs, doesn't
matter if file format is SVG or PNG, in fact the speed measures made a few
time ago reveals that they're almost the same (SVG must be rendered, yes,
but PNG must be recoloured and dithered, CPU work anyway).

So, if you want to expand the Box set, feel free to, first, read the guide
(which you already watched) and theb use these templates as a base:

app16: http://ubuntuone.com/3WKdqFeGb5idrHalkURky7
app22: http://ubuntuone.com/7TAiP1tiEbrxNq5TPLX7la
app24: http://ubuntuone.com/6Tk5RtQnZOwxgX8rmyakBO
app48: http://ubuntuone.com/0BxP8Ga14x9ifKCAipzVlg
app64: http://ubuntuone.com/1UzjbJBsmG2aTTVYIxpmsM

doc16: http://ubuntuone.com/3Xr9N1MaAXvwEgvkDRemmO
doc22: http://ubuntuone.com/01CA6WRLuKjHJwaQSJvd9g
doc24: http://ubuntuone.com/0C9sQtrE0dLIJng8yjtkkv
doc48: http://ubuntuone.com/3M94HZVD4GLHSUqo5U2zrz

You can send to me the icons and I'll recompress and include in the branch.

Cheers!

--
Rafael Laguna
Lubuntu Artwork Team