On 12/19/2013 08:17 AM, Rafael Laguna wrote:
> The reason to use SVG format is to keep Box as open as possible, so
> everybody can modify or expand. LXDE, thanks to its Cairo libs,
> doesn't matter if file format is SVG or PNG, in fact the speed
> measures made a few time ago reveals that they're almost the same (SVG
> must be rendered, yes, but PNG must be recoloured and dithered, CPU
> work anyway).
>
> So, if you want to expand the Box set, feel free to, first, read the
> guide (which you already watched) and theb use these templates as a base:
>
> app16: http://ubuntuone.com/3WKdqFeGb5idrHalkURky7
> app22: http://ubuntuone.com/7TAiP1tiEbrxNq5TPLX7la
> app24: http://ubuntuone.com/6Tk5RtQnZOwxgX8rmyakBO
> app48: http://ubuntuone.com/0BxP8Ga14x9ifKCAipzVlg
> app64: http://ubuntuone.com/1UzjbJBsmG2aTTVYIxpmsM
>
> doc16: http://ubuntuone.com/3Xr9N1MaAXvwEgvkDRemmO
> doc22: http://ubuntuone.com/01CA6WRLuKjHJwaQSJvd9g
> doc24: http://ubuntuone.com/0C9sQtrE0dLIJng8yjtkkv
> doc48: http://ubuntuone.com/3M94HZVD4GLHSUqo5U2zrz
>
> You can send to me the icons and I'll recompress and include in the
> branch.
>
> Cheers!
>

> --
> Rafael Laguna
> Lubuntu Artwork Team
>

> 2013/12/19 Israel <israeld...@gmail.com <mailto:israeld...@gmail.com>>
>
>     On 12/18/2013 08:47 PM, Aere Greenway wrote:
>     > On 12/18/2013 07:31 PM, Israel wrote:
>     >> On 12/18/2013 07:54 PM, Aere Greenway wrote:
>     >>> On 12/18/2013 03:26 PM, Israel wrote:
>     >>>> Yeah I really like SVG graphics....  I looked into the
>     Lubuntu icons
>     >>>> folder and saw that they are all svg files, so apparently
>     LXDE does
>     >>>> indeed support svg.  SVG has a lot of other great uses, like
>     the web,
>     >>>> and integrating JavaScript directly into the SVG.  If you
>     like SVG
>     >>>> art, you should check out OpenClipArt.org
>     >>>> It might be worth submitting the icon set (once it is
>     finished) to
>     >>>> Open Clip Art as long as it can be released as public domain.
>     >>>> I also might submit a Template, though I think it would be more
>     >>>> appropriate if Rafael submitted it, since he is the resident
>     artist :)
>     >>> Israel:
>     >>>
>     >>> Java (a different language from JavaScript) cannot directly
>     support
>     >>> '.svg' graphics.  The '.jpg' and '.png' work fine.  This is
>     true for
>     >>> Java's Swing (and AWT) GUI.  I don't know if the same is true for
>     >>> Spring.
>     >>>
>     >> I didn't know that about Java, that seems really unfortunate as
>     SVG's
>     >> are great (they are vector based so the do not become
>     pixelated).  I am
> [...]
Thanks Rafael!!  You should include these files in the wiki.  When is
the freeze date for the art?  I am not sure if I can get all the icons
that are broken fixed in time.  Is there a way we can update the package
during the LTS release, since this is Lubuntu specific?  I know with LTS
there is a lot more strict checking of things, so would this require
something like an SRU, if so I suppose it will just have to be what it
is, as there would be no security issues it fixes, or major usability
problems.

One last thing, to use the Box icon for an app, what is the naming
convention, I have been naming icons the same name as the previous icon
(except svg instead).  Do I have to do something to symlink it, or do
you do that on your end?

--
Regards