On 03/18/2014 12:25 AM, Julien Lavergne wrote:

    <mailto:ali.li...@amjjawad.net>>:

        Hi Lubuntu Team,

        One of the reasons why I don't really use Lubuntu much on my
        StartUbuntu Project in Real life [1] is this:

        I'm one of those who have seen this over and over again with
        many Lubuntu Releases. Sadly, it is not yet solved.

        As you can read from the thread, the user is overseas and I
        can't do much from my end. But I must help since I'm the one
        who converted her.

        Maybe Julien has to visit her? :P well, if we couldn't do that
        online, I hope he has some time to fix that in person ;)

    She can bring me its laptop, if she is near Paris :-) I accept
    coffee as payment if I solve the issue ;-)

    Unfortunately, I never see this issue, and debugging it over a
    phone doesn't seem very easy.

Hi,

That's remind me : be sure to have policykit-desktop-privileges package installed and a polkit agent running. That's may fix strange permissions problems.

Uh, okay but isn't that supposed to be installed by default? I mean it was a fresh installation of Lubuntu. I converted her from Windows to Linux. She never called whens he was here to report any issue. I was surprise when she sent me saying she has a problem.

I think I have somewhere a machine with Lubuntu. Yeah, don't be surprised, almost 40 laptop in 3 months or so have been converted to Linux from Windows so my room is a real mess ...

Once I find out, I will check these packages if are available by default.

If not, guess there is only one way to fix this: report and wait for Julien to solve :P

Regards,
Julien Lavergne
Thank you!

--