On 05/03/2014 08:03 PM, Aere Greenway wrote:
> On 05/03/2014 06:48 PM, Israel wrote:
>> On 05/03/2014 07:26 PM, Aere Greenway wrote:
>>> Rafael:
>>>
>>> I will report it as a bug.  What package should it be reported
>>> against?
>>>
>>> Unfortunately, it appears to be one more step down the Ubuntu road
>>> of taking away customization.  So I'm doubtful anything will come of
>>> it.  But it means a lot to me, so I will report it, nevertheless.
>>>
>>> It may well be the end of color customization.
>>>
>>> - Aere

>>> --
>>> Sincerely,
>>> Aere
>>>

>> Of course you can always make your own theme, so it will never be
>> dead.  I have made a few themes for the WM, and the panel is still
>> customizable fortunately.
>> @Aere, Rafael did say the bug was in lubuntu session settings daemon.
>>
>> --
>> Regards
>>

> Israel:
>
> Is there something in the repository you install to build your own
> theme?  If so, what is the package name I should use (or search-for)?
>
> Using Synaptic Package Manager, searching for 'lubuntu', I do not see
> anything that resembles "lubuntu session settings daemon".  Do you
> know what the package name is for it?
>
> --
> Sincerely,
> Aere
Aere, it depends on what kind of theme you are making.  If you want the
widgets (buttons, progress bars etc...) that is GTK, which I don't know
a whole lot about.
If you are talking about window borders, etc.. that is openbox.  Openbox
themes are simple xml files, that you can edit by hand (or
programatically if you fancy).

Before you go downloading Geany for some Openbox fun try out:
http://box-look.org/

You can also browse for GTK themes:
http://xfce-look.org/index.php?xcontentmode=100
(If I remember Lubuntu might support GTK3 also... but I don't know for
100% sure off the top of my head)

I hope this helps

I think the package with the issue is related to the lxsession
package.... but Rafael, or one of the developers may have a better idea
what part is actually the problem.

--
Regards