I think I understand you. Windows and OSX don't use icon themes, they can't
change the way they look. Every app must install its own icon in its own
folder (very messy). But that's not the way Linux works. Linux can't work
without one (at least) icon theme. Every icon theme tries to customize the
logos, some are really different, and some use the closer designs.

You have to get used to this, because it's the way Linux is designed. You
can read about searching XDG or FreeDesktop Linux desktop metaphors. But
what I don't really understand is that we, as Linux users, can change
radically the imposed icons from the aps and choose our owns, so more
freedom and customization, and you don't like it. It surprises me a lot :)

--
Rafael Laguna
Lubuntu Artwork Team