Don't worry, in fact I thought I offended you :D

Anyway I tell you, you can't erase system folders that free way. There're
applications that look for glyphs (small icons for menu, toolbars, etc)
that are stored in those folders, and they might not run if these folders
are not present. Better you go to gnome-look.org and look for anything that
fits you. Or download any Tango variant with 3rd party themes addons. There
are many at deviantart.com that "respect" the original logos.

Cheers!

--
Rafael Laguna