Sadly, Clonezilla does not yet support burning directly to (or restoring from) multiple DVD's. You seem to be well aware of that in the backup part of your plan. As I recall, to restore you would have to copy all those images from the DVD's to a single collection on a hard drive, network share or flash drive, then aim Clonezilla at that collection during the restore.