Hey,
Andre has a really good idea.  You can set one computer up fully.
Then you can use Nio's great program mktbl  and use his OBI installer to
dd the image onto the other computers.  It is extremely fast to install
from OBI (about 1 minute on an old computer).
And you will have identical systems configured exactly as you want them.

That said... there is probably something more to this issue.  I can't
understand why multiple computers with different wireless hardware are
having connectivity issues.
Especially if you are using different Ubuntu variants.  Network monitor
has been very reliable for me.

The thing I'd think was causing issues (if you installed from alternate)
would be the /etc/network/interfaces... but you haven't mentioned it
taking forever to boot "looking for network connections"

Does your local network have some sort of proxy?

There has to be some simple solution to this.

--
Regards