You can disable the screen blanking with
xset s off -dpms

Feel free to add that to the autostart of any installed system you want to disable this default 'feature'. This was important back in the CRT monitor days, but is less needed in the current LCD monitor days.
Laptops do not have CRT monitors, of course

You can also install xscreensaver and run
xscreensaver -no-splash
you can run
xscreensaver-demo
to disable the screen saver altogether through the GUI (which is the easiest way to configure it)