On 10/27/18 11:23 AM, Aere Greenway wrote:
> On 10/27/18 10:19 AM, Bill Hopkins wrote:
>> I have tried Lubuntu 18.10, running as a Live Distro from a usb thumb
>> drive.
>> In both cases there is no "tap to click" function, to emulate a left
>> mouse button click, on the touchpad.
>> I also was unable to find any program in the Menu, to adjust the
>> settings of a touchpad.
>> I also tried to download a touchpad program from the software
>> repository, but the programs I downloaded and installed, did not show
>> up in the Menu.
>>
>> Does anyone have solution to this issue.
>>
>> There is no touchpad issue with the Lubuntu 18.04, that I am using.
>>
> In my testing, I noticed the same thing.
>
> --
> Sincerely,
> Aere

You can change touchpad settings manually from the terminal.

I personally have a FLTK based application that I use to fine-tune
synaptic touchpad settings.

open a terminal and type

synclient

This will list all your current settings if your touchpad is supported
by the synaptic drivers.

Then simply run synclient again when you find the setting you want with
the name and value

probably you want something like:

synclient TapButton1=1

But, you can try each setting that you want to explore and it will
instantly change your settings.  You probably need to save these to a
script to automatically be run each time you start your session.

--
Regards