On 10/28/18 10:11 AM, Aere Greenway wrote:
> On 10/28/18 8:48 AM, Israel wrote:
>
> Israel:
>

> Thank you for providing a work-around for the problem.
>

> Fortunately for me, the systems with the problem are only test-systems.
>

> Hopefully, this problem will be solved before I am to the point of
> considering migrating my production systems to Lubuntu 19.04.
>

> Though some people like command-line-interfaces, I hope this
> work-around isn't the permanent solution to the problem.
>
> --
> Sincerely,
> Aere

Hi Aere, I did some searching, and it is extremely hard to find out
where/what the synaptics API actually is.... anyhow after long searching
I found

https://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/driver/xf86-input-synaptics/tree/src/synaptics.c

Which is somewhat an example of the C interface... I know you mostly do
Java, but if you are motivated C++/QML is actually a nice way to program
and I am sure all LXQt denizens would welcome a fully functioning true
synaptics config tool... otherwise it would be pretty easy to write a
program that gets values and simply send them via the system() command.

I am also sending this to the list in case anyone around is really
interested in making something, and to have it in the mail archives if
anyone ever is looking for it again :D

The caveat is that this is Xorg specific... no idea how Wayland
will/does handle this... though my experience with Wayland so far has
been a bit underwhelming.  Though... it may replace X eventually kinda
like systemd did with the old init system.

--
Regards