@Walter:

Thanks kindly for adding that into the features, whether it is
"understandable" or not, it is appreciated.  In my case I have Lu 19.10 in
my multi-boot Mac Pro, and so booting a system at least requires a "Grub"
decision, select a system, then wait while the selected system runs through
its "boot" . . . some of them take several minutes to "find the swap" or
something similar . . . although the ubuntu options do do well on the boot
quickness front, others do not and are quite "slow" to arrive at the log in
window.

So, sometimes I want to boot a system, but then don't have time to log in
right then, so being able to "suspend" **before** logging in is the feature
that I find in many other linux installs that I have . . . and having them
in the other systems, U-MATE, a couple OpenSUSE, a sid debian . . . sets up
a "groove" . . . which then caused a "skip" when it came to doing the same
behavior with Lu . . . .

But, yes, as far as Lu is set up, if I suspend when I revive it asks for a
password, so if I'm logged in already it is "redundant" to log out . . .
but others of my installs don't ask for a password when reviving . . .
hence the "log out" to a more secure suspend . . . .  But doing that in the
present iteration of Lu brought the two button option to just "reboot" or
"shut down" . . . .  However, in most of the other linux systems I am
running, the "shut down" button also brings the full range of operational
buttons to choose from, i.e., "suspend," "hibernate," "restart," or "shut
down" . . . so again, "habit" brings the thought that "shut down button
brings all the options" . . . but in the "old" Lu 19.10 . . . it only
brought "the end."