So I was fiddling around with some other distro and the live iso wasn't
booting up, so then I thought OK, I'll try Lubuntu and I tried to zsync it
but it wasn't recognizing the file . . . then I saw that current was now
"focal" . . . so I zsync'd that and mkusb did a good job on the "live"
version, couldn't seem to get "persistent" to work on it . . . .

First comment, it seems essentially the same as Eoan, but the desktop image
shows a "19 Eoan Ermine" image, rather than some kind of "20 Focalized
Fossil" type of image???  Intentional??  Seemed like mkusb was reading the
file as "Eoan" when it looked at the base package, but then showed "Focal"
before the install . . . so are there "mixed" sources at play??