On 5/2/22 03:38, Željko Blaće wrote:
Anyone have a good insight of the increase in resource use
or is using it on older hardware that borderline struggles
with common contemporary desktop+browser needs?
*(me on Thinkpad X220 thinking if I should upgrade)

Best Z. Blace

I think it's all the little ads, permeating almost every web-page you visit nowadays, that saps away the power of our machines. Slower machines are more affected.

I wish the ads would go away.  I don't put them on websites I maintain.  It's gotten to where if I visit a web-page and see a plethora of ads, I just hit the 'back' button, and don't bother with that page.

Of course, if you don't browse the Internet on them, older, less-powerful machines, work well.

--
Sincerely,
Aere